I want morning kisses, slaps on the butt, pinky holding, and hugs from behind. I want to make you coffee at 7am and sit with you at the kitchen table with the sun shining in on us. You can see dust particles and it is just beautiful. Just like your green eyes that light up any room, especially my smile. I want to walk around the house in my undies and a big t-shirt with you like it’s is the new fashion trend. I want to cuddle on the couch on a Saturday morning while watching the Golden Girls because it’s a classic. I want to go to a little cafe for lunch with you and try new foods and take pictures of us trying them. I want to run in the rain to get the car for you so that you don’t have to get wet. I want to make out with you from the car to the bedroom when we arrive home and take off every item of your clothing and feel your skin on mine. I want you to walk in on me while I am taking a shower and let me walk in on you while you’re using the bathroom and it be completely comfortable. I want to wash your hair for you and you wash my back. I want to sing in front of you, with you, and to you. I want to buy a kitten with you and let you kiss my cat scratches. I want you to help me cook even though you aren’t the best at it.I want to marry you and have our guests throw rose petals as we walk out of the church. I want our families to be one giant family. I want to raise a child with you and watch him or her grow and be the best they can be. I want to grow old with you and be able to tell our grandchildren all the amazing things we did when we were teenagers. I want to wipe your nose when you’re sick and bring you chocolate when you want something sweet. I want to bring you flowers for no special reason and take you out on a Wednesday evening when nothing else is going on. I want to be a part of you every single day for the rest of my life. I want to hold you and love you. I want you. I will never stop wanting you. I love you.
- Kiss like you mean it.
- Remember their birthday, every year.
- Make them feel special, even on a monday night with a forecast of rain.
- Befriend their Mom, she will tell you stories that no one else can.
- Order each other food at restaurants, just to try something new.
- Shower together, you may learn to love your body, by seeing the desire and passion in your partners eyes.
- Leave notes when you go out for the day, it will make you feel safe.
- Watch the Breakfast Club, and pump up your fist in the end, even if it only happens once.
- Care for each other when sick, soup is the easiest thing to make.
- Make chocolate covered strawberries in summer simply because you can.
- Go fishing with their Dad, and listen to what he has to say, even if he may have trouble saying it.
- Give each other little presents, even if its just a rose on friday the 13th.
- Get angry, but forgive.
- Love, love with all you’ve got.
Get out and run.
Do not worry about the rest.
Make running a lifestyle. A daily habit, like brushing your teeth. If you run 300+ days a year, every year, for several years, good things will come your way. Start now. Doesn’t matter if you are 16 years old or 66.
If you want to be a decent runner you must get out and run; the rest is just noise.
Get the running in first— that is the foundation. Then: Eat mostly good stuff. Get enough sleep. Stretch if you want to— or don’t. Lift if you like lifting. Cross-train if it makes you happy. Wear minimalist shoes or big bulky ones, whichever you prefer. Listen to music when you run, or not. You can carry water with you on a long run, or you can go without. If you want to do a core routine, then do it— but first you must get out and run.
Run on trails, or streets, or on a treadmill, whatever works for you. Run slowly. Run quickly. Run up hills. Run in the rain. Run in the snow, the heat, the cold. Run into the wind. Run on the days that you do not feel like running. Run on the days that you can’t wait to get out and run. Run with friends. Run alone. Run races. Run in the country. Run in the city. Run in parks. Run when you feel happy. Run when you are depressed. Run when you have a ton of energy. Run when you are feeling like shit. Run when you feel good. Run in the morning. Run at night. Run before work. Run after work. Run.